There are so many good ones. We like these:
- Radiolab - a very high quality general science podcast - iTunes link
- Hardcore History - an outstanding collection of vivid and thoughtful history podcasts by Dan Carlin. Best for ages 13+.
- No Such Thing as a Fish - a funny look at odd facts from the team responsible for QI. Best for ages 13+ - iTunes link
- Philosophy Bites - thinking of studying philosophy at A-level or university? This is top notch podcast with very high calibre guests. - iTunes link
- In Our Time - a vast collection of podcasts on science, maths philosophy and history. The guests are all accomplished in their field. Don't miss this one. Note you can subscribe to subject specific collections - iTunes link
Exam Papers and questions
- desmos.com - a great graph drawing site perfect for GCSE and A-level
- mathsisfun.com - a great selection of explanations, animated workings and questions.
- Visnos - A great interactive maths site. Lots of clickable/dragable piecharts and more.
- An encyclopaedia or "Thing explainer" which uses no technical language only the 1000 most common english words. Funny and beautifully put together.
Books for Digging Deeper
- Two outstanding books. Ideal for student's on their way to university to study physics or engineering.
- A wonderful account of chaos theory. Perfect for budding physicists.