A space to...
Explore coding, robotics and tech at your own pace.
Make friends and play with fun kit at our Mars-themed robotics workshop.
We incorporate visual art, games and competitions into real science.
A space to explore...
A fresh approach to science.
Our workshops for 7-12 year old girls and boys explore coding, robotics and tech with playfulness and creativity at the forefront.
See the FAQ for details.
A space to learn...
Click here to learn about our next workshop on...
Or for one of these dates
A space to play...
Children get to see their code take shape.
We show what coding can do by challenging children to code our robots using the visual Crumble language.
The kids can test out their ideas using a series of tasks, then sit back and watch their robots dance!
There are no worksheets and no waiting for a turn. Just the joy of tearing down and rebuilding robots while on a mission to save civilization!
Whether your child is passionate about coding, space or getting their hands covered in paint there is something for everyone to enjoy.
We talk to parents a lot.
Here's what they say.
"Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Inspired excited motivated... Such a high quality opportunity, with tutors that are truly good people."
"It's great to see a company that focuses on creativity and experimentation rather than textbooks and rigid teaching."
"Very well organised; particularly good on communication answering all questions and email ahead of course. My kids had lots of fun! Definitely recommend."
Never miss a post, workshop or video
What do I need to bring?
A packed lunch. And enthusiasm.
What are the pickup/drop-off times?
10:45 - 11:00 : drop off.
16:00 - 16:15 : pickup.
We cannot guarantee the room will be available outside these times.
How much coding experience is expected?
None at all.
What syllabus do you teach?
Our activities are designed to connect with the national curriculum key stages 2 and 3 in science, the same as ISEB 11+ and 13+. We place most emphasis on electricity, properties of materials, light and sound.
What is included in the price?
- A full day of robotics and coding activities in a warm, welcoming environment.
- 1:5 tutor to student ratio: every child gets plenty of one-to-one time
- Professional educators: founders Dr. James Lambert and Dr. Frank Ivins are passionate about coding, robotics and engineering. Whenever they need an extra hand with the workshops, they only hire highly qualified, experienced tutors.
- Every child gets their own robot to work on during the workshops. No time wasted waiting for your turn.
- Sorry the robot isn't included. But click here to get one.
- Access to a comprehensive set of instructional videos and example files, available online after the workshop so students and parents can explore robotics at home. See our resources page.
What about food?
Please bring a packed lunch.
What is the format for the day?
We don't want to spoil the surprise! But if you must know:
10:45 - 11:00 : Arrivals. We start at 11am sharp.
11:00 - 12:00 : A teardown of a radio controlled toy. Kids reassemble them and bringing them to life with a robotic controller chip.
12:00 - 12:15 : Break.
12:15 - 13:00 : Coding. The children will learn to steer their creations through a variety of tasks.
13:00 - 14:00: Lunch.
14:00 - 15:30 : Engineering challenge! Students build add-ons to their robots to complete a challenge. Add arms, a scoop. Whatever your imagination suggests.
15:30 - 16:00 : Competition time! Girls and boys can share their ideas with each other during a fun challenge.
16:00 - 16:15 : Home time.
Are your coaches DBS checked?